Safer exposure levels, better shelf life
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) defines cosmetics as products that are “intended to be applied to the human body for cleansing, beautifying, promoting attractiveness, or altering the appearance without affecting the body’s structure or functions.” Our Expert Models and Data Foundry products, give you the required tools to organise your company-wide data and to accurately predict the impact of your products on issues that are as diverse as safe human exposure levels, shelf life and environmental impact.
Using our Expert Models and Data Foundry products, you can:
- Use the latest personal care and cosmetic exposure models and datasets in your organisation
- Predict microbiological issues in your manufacturing environment before they occur
- Manage detailed safety testing data in a central secure repository
- Use our modular building-blocks, we will create new scientific models and dashboards for your data
- Granular security data infrastructure which allows you to share data with suppliers, partners, customers, government researchers and regulators
- Data portals to allow your suppliers and lab auditors to send data to you in a structured and secure way
Improving the safety of products
The personal care market is complex as it contains products as varied as cleansing pads, colognes, cotton swabs, cotton pads, deodorant, eyeliner, facial tissue, hair clippers, lip gloss, lipstick, lip balm, lotion, makeup, hand soap, facial cleanser, body wash, pomade, perfumes, razors, shaving cream, moisturiser, talcum powder, toilet paper, toothpaste, facial treatments, wet wipes, or shampoo. The markets trading in these products are global and highly competitive, with companies competing to maintain market share and to introduce new ingredients and products. The supply chains are also increasingly elaborate and understanding the full chemical composition of finished products can be challenging.
The industry invests heavily to ensure the products they release to the market are safe for consumers as manufacturers are under constant scrutiny from researchers and government regulatory authorities. Special interest is placed on ensuring that consumers are not exposed to too much of a certain ingredient in aggregate (from all the products they use).
Creme Global has worked with industry leaders on some of the most challenging data gathering and scientific model development projects. Our technical and scientific expertise has informed the design of our Expert Models and Data Foundry products, giving you numerous benefits.
Our Services in this sector include:
- Studies on personal care and cosmetics safety topics delivering scientific reports
- Industry data gathering, anonymisation and research services
- Exposure (and aggregate exposure) assessment of chemicals to consumers
- Risk analysis of supply chains along with impact assessments
- Development of new datasets and models for the sector
- Shelf life model development and deployment
- Predictive microbiology
- Training on how to use data and modelling in your organisation
- Literature reviews, scientific report and publication writing