New Creme Food® Release – Improvements and Updated Features
Written by Sandrine Pigat
Improved Search for Recipes or Foods Table
‘Search Recipes or Foods Table’ is a feature that allows analysts to find the foods and recipes they want to include in their assessment. A ‘Smart Search’ feature has been added to this which allows users to search on specific items without returning undesired entries. Now, when you use Search a Recipes or Foods Table, you will see a checkbox labelled ‘Smart Match’ to the right of the ‘Search for’ input text field. Improvements have also been made to the handling of duplicates within this feature, allowing users to find and select the foods and recipes they want to include in their assessment more quickly and easily. Here are some of the benefits you get if you select ‘Smart Search’ when using Search for Recipes or Foods:
- Match on complete word only; for example, a search for bread will only match the complete word or plural of bread, and not return a food such as breaded meats. A search for ice cream will not include matches for foods such as rice cream, or burrito with rice, beans and sour cream.
- Match different forms of plurals; for example, a search for berry will match on berries.
- Apply an ordering for multiple word searches; for example, if you wish to search for fruit juice, you may consider matches that contain either fruit or juice (but not both) irrelevant. You can search for fruit*juice to return only foods where fruit comes before juice.
This is the same functionality that is provided in the Groups stage of the assessment wizard, and is a major step in providing a uniform search experience in Creme Food®.
Improvements to Assessment Summary Report Generator
The Summary Report Generator is a feature that allows analysts to produce the exact report they want from all of the data produced in the exposure assessment. This has been updated to allow reporting based on food category codes. Category codes enable foods to be grouped under a single category; for example there could be a Fruit category which includes all fruit-related foods in the Groups data, or a Dairy category that includes all milk, butter, yoghurt and other dairy-related food. The user can define their own particular categories when creating or customizing a Groups table. With this release of Creme Food®, single or multiple category codes can be selected or deselected as required in the Summary Report Generator, thus allowing analyses and comparison of intakes and contributions at the food category level. This builds on the current report capabilities, provides an extra level of reporting and streamlining the Summary Report Generator.
Displaying of Access Management and Permission Information
In Creme Food®, users can collaborate and share data within their organisation or group based on a permission system which is controlled by the owner of each data table and assessment. A new column has been added to the user interface which displays ownership and access levels for each table and assessment. This clarifies access permissions for all users in a group for folders and files within the Assessments, Data and the Distributions sections.
Now, when you view items in the Assessments, Data and Distributions tabs, you will see permissions in the form of letters in the Owner Access and Group Access columns. The permissions are as follows, from most to least restrictive:
- n – The table or folder is present, but cannot be displayed or modified in any way.
- p – A table can be viewed, but only up to the first 50 rows (or 10% of rows if there is < 50)
- r – A table can be viewed in full, copied if it’s an input table *, and folder can be opened.
- rd – Same as r, but in addition a table can be downloaded in full.
- rw – Same as r, but in addition a table or folder can have rename, move, delete, description applied to it, and the data can be edited in the case of an input table.
- rwd – Same as rw, but in addition a table can be downloaded in full.
Please refer to the latest Creme Food® manual for further details on the data access permissions system but, in general, this feature provides uniform access control for data across assessments, datasets and distributions, and ensures the highest level of data integrity in Creme Food®.
* An input table is any table in the Data tab
General Improvements and Manual Updates
Multiple updates have been made to Creme Food® in this version to improve the overall stability and usability of the system. The Creme Food® Manual has been updated to include information on the changes that have been made in this release.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and assistance, or to leave comments and feedback.